EDUCATION & TRAINING
Jul-Aug 2011 – Short Documentary Film Making course, London Academy of Film & Media.
2001-2002 M.A. Visual Anthropology, Goldsmiths College University of London.
1992-1993 730-7 City & Guilds Further & Adult Education Training Certificate, Stamford College of Further Education.
1986-1989 BA (Hons) Degree in Design for Communication Arts & Media, special option- photography, 2:1. Manchester Metropolitan University.
- Summary of Commissions and Projects
- Jointly commissioned by Metal Culture Peterborough and Nene Parks to create an immersive photography worksheet for the public’s use for the ‘Rivers of the World’ project.
- Metal Remote Residency- a month long residency with mentoring from Metal staff to document the mental and physical effects of the Covid lockdown on the elderly.
- Commissioned by Peterborough City Art Gallery to produce 8 b&w portraits for Treasured People & Possessions exhibition to celebrate the rich cultural diversity and heritage of Peterborough.
- Awarded the Maxwell Memorial first prize for the most distinguished work in the Open Exhibition 2014. Led to being commissioned a solo exhibition ‘Lines in the Landscape’ at the City Gallery Peterborough 2015.
- Commissioned by Peterborough City Council to photograph for ‘Opening Doors to Hidden Heritage’. Photographed, hidden historical, cultural and natural sites in and around Peterborough. Resulted in exhibition at Peterborough City Art Gallery. (Partly funded by Heritage Lottery Fund).
- Part time lecturer in photography at Richmond College of Adult Education. City & Guilds I Photography.
- Commissioned by Ecotrek, an ecotourism company in Ecuador to Document their “Shamanic Tour of Healing” in the Andes and the Ecuadorian Amazon. Also began personal project on “Shamans and Shamanism”.
- Traveled and photographed, States of Gujarat and Rajasthan in India.
- Documented the Huaorani and Achuar tribes of the Ecuadorian Amazon and compare their ecotourism projects to save their territories from the oil companies, pollution and modern farming for the Independent on Sunday.
- Traveled around the Caribbean Islands in collaboration with a journalist to produce an article for the Independent on Sunday. Also photographed Luxury villas in Barbados and Mustique.
- Photographed the “Marriage Festival” in Ilmichil, Atlas Mountains and the “Dates Festival” in Erfoud, Morocco for the Independent on Sunday. Also Photographed Moroccan villas and luxury hotels for Vogue.
- Sponsored to photograph and document journey across Iceland. Resulted in “New Territories”, a touring exhibition.
- Commissioned by Greenwoods Solicitors to produce their corporate brochure.
- Lecturer in Photography at Stamford College of Further Education, teaching ‘A’ Level, BTEC National and BTEC GNVQ curriculum.
- Portfolio presentation at Cankar Cultural & Congress Centre and Municipal Gallery, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- Commissioned by Eastern Arts Board to document Asian corner-shop owners in Peterborough.
- Commissioned to organise, “Greenwoods Soliciting Art” an exhibition of ten contemporary photographers’ work.
- Visited and photographed Russian and Ukrainian artists, funded in part by the Peterborough Arts Council.
- Worked with Birmingham based photographer Vanley Burke on Anne Frank’s project on racism in Peterborough.
Various One-Person shows and Group Exhibitions at venues throughout Britain.
National Portrait Gallery, London.
10 Downing Street, London.
University of Calgary, Canada.
Greenwoods Solicitors, Peterborough.
Eurodix Plc, Peterborough.
Peter Brotherhood Engineering, Peterborough.
Oundle School, Northamptonshire.
• Ecuadorian Amazon, Men’s Health Magazine.
• “Self Help in the Amazon Jungle”, Ecuador. Independent on Sunday.
• Review of “New Territories”, Artists Newsletter.
• Review of “New Territories”, Contemporary Art.
• Villas of Morocco, Vogue.
• “Dates Festival” Erfoud Morocco, Independent on Sunday.
• Calendar of Northamptonshire for Greenwoods Solicitors and Oundle School.